Acceptance of Terms
- You will not use the website to transmit or post any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or which may, in our sole judgment, cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to any person.
- Where applicable, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username and password which may be assigned to you. As a result, you are fully responsible for all activities which occur under them. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of which you become aware. If obtaining a username or password requires purchase of a membership or subscription, you may not share that username or password with any person not within the scope of that membership or subscription.
- Material and content on the website are the property of AAMP and PAFA or its licensors respectively, and are protected under the copyright laws of the United States and other jurisdictions. Your use of our website grants you no rights or licenses to copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other intellectual property rights of AAMP and PAFA except as expressly stated in our Copyright Policy. You agree not to use any material or content in a way that infringes those copyrights or other rights. Your rights to use and enjoy the material and content contained within AAMP and PAFA’s websites are further governed by the Copyright Policy, which is made a part of these Terms, so review the policy regularly.
- You will not use our website or the services made available to you via our website in such a way that you cause the website or services to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or impaired.
- Any personal details, including but not limited to your identity and credit card information, provided by you to us in connection with any online purchases, membership contributions, donations, or other transactions, are important and must be true, correct and complete.
- To the extent your use, or the use by any person who may be authorized by you or for whom you are responsible (for example as the parent or guardian of a child), causes loss or damage to any person, you agree to indemnify and hold AAMP and PAFA harmless from and against any liability, loss, or damages incurred by or imposed on AAMP and PAFA, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.
Our Obligations, and Limitations on Our Obligations
- Although AAMP and PAFA endeavor to keep the website available, functional, and useful, we do not accept responsibility for any defects or shortcomings that may exist, or for any losses or damages of any kind arising from your use of, or inability to use, our website.
- This website is provided without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated, and WE DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- We reserve the right to suspend, restrict, or terminate access to the website, or any function of the website, for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to change the content of our website at any time, for any or no reason.
- While we take reasonable precautions to keep our website, and downloads made available from our website, virus-free, we do not warrant that either will be free from viruses or other malicious code. We assume no responsibility for any injury or damage resulting from exposure to such viruses or other malicious code.
The processing of any order from you of products and services provided by AAMP and PAFA is subject to the availability of stock. Any order made by you will be confirmed by AAMP and PAFA by email when and if the requested items are available. AAMP and PAFA are under no obligation to fulfill your order until such confirmation is received by you.
Other Conditions of Use
Information collected and stored automatically
If you visit our website, we automatically gather and store the following anonymous information about your visit so that we can track the use of our website in order to make improvements. This information is stored and used in the aggregate only, and is not used to identify or contact you personally:
- The IP address from which you access our website
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our website
- The date and time you access our website
- The pages, files, documents and links that you visit on our website
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked to our website
Information Requested from Site Users
When you order a service or product through our website, we will ask you to provide us with the information we need to process your purchase. This information includes your name, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card information. So that we can track your order, we will retain your order information for our records.
When you purchase an AAMP and/or PAFA membership online, we will ask you to provide us with the information we need to process your membership and to acknowledge your membership contribution. This information includes your name, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, email address, and credit card information.
When you support AAMP and/or PAFA by making a donation online, we will ask you to provide us with the information we need to process and acknowledge your contribution. This information includes your name, billing and mailing addresses, telephone number, email address, and credit card information. Your credit card information will be used only as needed to process your transaction.
Credit card transactions
Your credit card information will be used only as needed to process your transaction. We take reasonable precautions to keep credit card transactions that occur on the website secure. When you submit your credit card for any purchase or donation, that transaction is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to prevent your credit card information from being deciphered as it travels over the Internet to our servers. We monitor network traffic to help identify unauthorized attempts to access, upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. No system connected to the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure, but we follow generally accepted practices of physical, network, and operational security to safeguard our data, including information we may collect from our website users.
From time to time, AAMP and/or PAFA may invite you to participate in surveys posted on our website. You may decide whether or not you wish to complete such surveys, which may ask about your background, occupation, or similar questions. We use this information to help us understand our audience, which in turn allows us to better meet your needs and interests. No personal information from these surveys is disclosed to third parties, although AAMP and/or PAFA may disclose survey results to third parties in anonymous, aggregate form.
AAMP and/or PAFA occasionally may offer visitors the opportunity to participate in online contests, games or interactive programs. If you choose to enter, you will need to provide your name and e-mail address so that we may contact you in connection with the contest, game or interactive program. We may also request that you provide us with certain other information, such as your zip code and state of residence. This information is used internally for statistical and similar purposes.
Children ages 12 and under
AAMP and/or PAFA do not solicit personal information from children, but complies with the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule as it applies to general-audience websites. Visitors twelve years of age and under must obtain a parent’s or legal guardian’s verifiable consent before submitting any personal information to the AAMP and/or PAFA site. If a parent or legal guardian wishes to review or delete a child’s personal information submitted to this site, he or she may do so by contacting AAMP and/or PAFA as provided below.
Use and Disclosure of Information
AAMP and/or PAFA may use personal information you provide to us to provide you with information from time to time on our programs, events, products, services, and membership benefits, or to communicate with you about becoming a member or sponsor, renewing your membership or sponsorship, or contributing in other ways that benefit AAMP and/or PAFA.
AAMP and/or PAFA will not sell, trade, or rent the personal information you provide to us in purchasing a product or service or membership online, making an online donation, or participating in an online game, contest or online program. We may compile and provide aggregate statistics about our visitors, customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information. AAMP and/or PAFA may release account information when such release is reasonably necessary to comply with the law; enforce the terms of any of our user agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of AAMP and/or PAFA, the users of its site, or others.
Third-Party Service Providers
AAMP and/or PAFA may engage reputable third-party vendors in order to help us manage our website and allow us to better service our visitors and customers. These may include third-party vendors engaged to analyze, for marketing purposes, the information collected on our website, or to assist us with membership, marketing, or fundraising activities. AAMP and/or PAFA’s vendors are required by contract to maintain the confidentiality and security of AAMP and/or PAFA information to which they are provided access and the vendors are restricted from using the information in any way not expressly authorized by AAMP and/or PAFA.
Links to Other Sites
Users may find content on the AAMP and/or PAFA websites that links to the sites and services of our partners, sponsors, or other third parties. In many cases, these links represent cooperative projects or are established with persons or entities that have a significant connection to or relationship with AAMP and/or PAFA. Although AAMP and PAFA make reasonable efforts to ensure that any referrals are to reputable and relevant sources, AAMP and PAFA do not control the content or links that appear on these third party sites. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies, or no policy at all. AAMP and PAFA encourage visitors to review the privacy policies of any third-party sites they visit regarding protection of personal information. AAMP and PAFA are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of any third-party sites.
“Email a Friend” feature
If you use AAMP and PAFA’s “email a friend” feature, your friend’s email address will not be retained on our website or used in any way by AAMP and/or PAFA.
Emailing AAMP and/or PAFA
AAMP and PAFA try to respond to email messages requiring a response within seven business days. We try to respond to customer service inquiries related to an online purchase. If you email AAMP and/or PAFA, your message and email address will be forwarded to the appropriate department within AAMP and/or PAFA. AAMP and/or PAFA may choose to save this information. However, any message, material, business information, ideas, concepts, or other information sent to AAMP and/or PAFA by email will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
The contents of each page of the Rising Sun: Artists in an Uncertain America website, including all digital files, data, images and text, are protected by copyright and are the property of AAMP and/or PAFA, or of third parties from whom AAMP and/or PAFA has received authorization to display such files, data, images or text on this website.
The contents of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) and African American Museum in Philadelphia (AAMP) websites are made available to website visitors for personal, educational, non-commercial use only, consistent with the principles of fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws. None of the contents of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) and African American Museum in Philadelphia (AAMP) website may be reproduced or distributed in any form without the permission of AAMP and PAFA. Any public or commercial use of these materials without prior written permission is a violation of federal copyright law.
Permission may be requested by directing a written (or email) inquiry to the attention of the Manager of Rights and Reproductions. Be sure to include your name, address and a description of your intended use and the material or content that you would like to use. Permission may be granted or denied at the sole discretion of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) and African American Museum in Philadelphia (AAMP) or its licensors, as applicable.